We’re pleased to announce that SpeedScriber 2.3 is now available. This update features the following changes:
- SpeedScriber is now distributed directly rather than through the Mac App Store.
- Buy Minutes button has been added to the top right of the main window.
- App will now automatically check for updates.
- Improvements to punctuation editing where selected word has closing quote at the end.
- Exported SRT files now have 1 empty line at the end for improved compatibility.
- Fixed caption timing bug that could produce invalid export where start time of a page was later than its end time.
- Fixed possibility that a speaker range could incorrectly show its previous state after making corrections to the transcript.
- Fixed possibility that speaker name in speakers list may not update correctly when undoing.
- Submitting imported files where the first purchase was made after cancelling a transcription with free minutes now works as expected.
- To improve reliability of word timing data, a maximum of 5 words can now be pasted into a transcript.
SpeedScriber is no longer available on the Mac App Store. If you’re using version 2.2.10 or earlier then this update can be downloaded from this direct download link. Once this version is installed, future updates can be installed from within the app.